Friday, November 9, 2007

James

This morning I met my friend Sherri for breakfast at the Whistle Stop Cafe. I love that place. The food is always really good (especially their breakfast food) and it's just kindof a fun place. Our waiter was James and I think he's probably as gay as the day is long, but he is SO great. I got there a few minutes before Sherri and he said, "How 'bout some coffee, Love?" Then a little later he asked, "How about a little cup of fruit for the little one?" And he brought it out for her before the rest of our order was ready. Somehow, he must know how kids are! And when he brought it to her, he unfolded a napkin and dramatically set it on her lap. Lol! And when we were getting ready to leave, I was trying to grab my purse, her jacket and the diaper bag while holding my very squirmy, fussy girl...and he picked her up and held her until I had everything together. And she was happy as a clam by him. He even tried to teach her how to say "Versace, Dolce and Gabbana, and Coach." ....Gosh, if every waiter or waitress was that intuitive and accomodating the world would be a better place!
James is cool.

1 comment:

daionara said...

Oh yeah, everyone needs a James. I had SEVERAL of them when Alex was little. She grew up around (I know you'll just be shocked Wendy) DRAG QUEENS! Oh! And a couple of really sweet DRAG KINGS (girls performing as guys). They are the one true and great thing I miss about Portland.