Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Big One





We are SNOWED in today! We were planning to go down to Mom and Dad's for the day but as soon as I saw the News this morning and they showed how horrible the roads were, I thought better of it. (As a result of being housebound, tho, I have gotten MAJOR cleaning and organizing done today!!) We very much hope we can go tomorrow instead if things are cleared up by then. This is more snow than we've had in a loooong time.

As you can see, Liss and I got a bowl of snow and brought it into the kitchen. We added food coloring to it (our hands are still a mess!) and stirred and played with the snow. My friend Kate gave us that idea. It was fun. :)

And the other pictures are some views from our back windows. I sooooo LOVE having a forest preserve twenty feet from our back door! Hope you enjoy the snowy pictures!

2 comments:

Mo said...

I didn't know that you lived near a preserve! (It's great knowin' that natural beauty will always be *right there*, isn't it?!)

Mo said...

I had no idea that you, too, lived just outside a nature preserve; Isn't it grand to know that *that view* will ALWAYS be there?! I know it tickles me!!