Saturday, February 23, 2008

PINK!



I got a new laptop today and it's PINK! It's so purty and I'm so excited!!! We were looking at laptops online this morning and then Scotty suggested we go to Best Buy and Circuit City to see if we could find a specific one that we picked out (I think it was an hp). So we get to Best Buy and the first one we see is the pink Sony Vaio - and it was like $400 less than it was online. So I got it!! Woohooooooooooooooooooeeeeee! It has a built-in webcam and a slot for my camera's memory card - two features that I know I'll love. My old laptop's been extremely flaky and unpredictible lately but I didn't think he'd let me get a new one already. I am just so psyched!! Now all I need is the Verizon Pink Pearl Blackberry and I'll be a really hip pink chick! That's not gonna happen til we renew our contract in December.....but a girl can dream. ;)

In other news, this afternoon I made a double batch of Chocolate Chip Biscotti for two friends and it turned out just perfect. I sugared the tops and drizzled them with chocolate. I hope they love them!! I'll post pics soon, so check back. I LOVE taking pictures of the baking process. Because I'm a nerd that way.

OH my gosh - this morning sucked. I pulled our bedroom blinds up, glanced outside and noticed a handwritten note under one of the wipers on the Durango's windshield. I was way curious, so I put on my slippers and Scotty's big winter coat and headed out there to check it out. The note said - and I quote - "Be respectful of your neighbors and pick up your garbage and your kid's dirty diapers. Thanks." I immediately felt confused and very awful. Then I looked at the end of the driveway and sure enough - there by the curb were two diapers and a couple pieces of old junk mail. I so totally had NOT noticed any of that. Then I felt even MORE awful. Whoever wrote the note was SO right. I ran into the house, grabbed a piece of paper and a pink marker and wrote "To Whomever Wrote the Note: I am truly sorry and thank you for bringing the trash to my attention. We will pay closer attention from now on and will write a note to the garbagemen to please make sure ALL our trash gets into their truck!" Went back outside and put that note under the back windshield wiper so it was easily seen from the street, pried the frozen, rock-hard diapers and papers out of the ice and put them in our trash can. I wish I would have noticed that stuff out there before some poor neighbor had to leave us a note about it. I am mortified. Probably the reason I didn't notice it is twofold:
1. Wednesday is garbage pickup day, and I was at my mom's on Thursday and Friday so wasn't home.
2. There is still a mountain (quite literally) of snow piled up in our front yard so I couldn't have seen it from the house even if I'd tried.
Pretty horrible, eh? The thought of being known as the-people-who-leave-their-kid's-dirty-diapers-at-the-curb-for-the-whole-culdesac-to-see is just......so uncool!!

And on that note, I hope you're having a good weekend. Check back soon for baking pictures from the Baking Nerd!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GEEK yesterday, NERD today, so does that make a GEEK BAKING NERD or NERD BAKING GEEK HEHEHEHE
Love From Susan the snarler