Saturday, January 5, 2008

Snuggle

There is nothing on this earth I love more than snuggling with my baby.

Usually she's too busy to snuggle, so when I lift her onto my lap she stays for about five seconds and then is off to do the very important things that one-year-olds do: find another toy, chase the kitty or page through a book while pretending to read it. And that's okay. I'm glad she's a busy, curious, energetic little squirt!

But she's starting to snuggle more. YAY!! This morning she was sitting on the floor with her blankie watching "Sesame Street". I could tell she was very intent on the show. I couldn't resist. I scooped her up and put her on my lap and covered both of us with her blankie and she stayed. She stayed and laid her sweet little head on my arm and snuggled for almost twenty minutes!

I cherish these days when she's still so young and innocent and precious. I hold every snuggle and every hug and every sweet kiss on my cheek in my heart. I collect them there. And my heart overflows.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Snuggling is the best! Kelsey only snuggled when she was sick, which was a bummer to the max. Now, I get my snuggles from Patches, who is 19 pounds of puppy mush.

The Vaters said...

Snuggling is the best and I wish Zachary was a snuggler all the time. Enjoy it Wendy - I'm sure Lissy's snuggles are just precious!