Thursday, January 24, 2008

I have a toddler.


Ohhh boy, do I have a toddler.
If I were just getting over an intestinal virus, cutting my last molar and suffering from a relentless diaper rash, I would probably scream a lot too. But yeah, she is big on screaming lately! She screams because she wants more "num-num", she screams because I'm taking too long to get her baba ready, she screams because she can't get the lid on her toy cookie jar quite right. Sometimes I swear she screams...just because. And toddlers are LOUD when they scream. Ear-piercing loud. Mama feels like she's losing her sanity at times. My prayer is that she's going through the terrible two's early, and that by the time she's two she'll be a perfect little angel. Pray along with me, won't you? Please? PLEASE???!!!!

The Backstreet Boys are on "Sesame Street" right now. This amuses me.

5 comments:

Tricia said...

Haven't you heard? There's the Terrible Twos & then the F'ing Threes. Every mom of a 4-yr old that I know of agrees on this fact. Sorry, Wendy!;) Just keep praying; imagine what it could be like if you didn't!;)

Tricia

Anonymous said...

OH NO SOUNDS LIKE YOUR DARLING LITTLE ANGEL HAS HIT THOSE TERRIBLE TWO'S ALL I CAN SAY TRY TO STAY CALM AND IN CONTROL.......... AND I WILL JOIN YOU IN SAYING A LITTLE PRAYER FOR YOUR SANITY

LOVE FROM ME

d_evans said...

Gracie's ped said 3's are even worse, and they start the terrible 3's when they are about 2 1/2. Yeah.
Good thing they are so darn cute..

daionara said...

Yup. 18 months to about 3 and a half...rough patches.

But yanno ladies, having the benfit of 14 and a half years with Alex I can tell you a secret...

Love the terrible two's and three's. You're gonna miss them DESPERATELY when 13 hits.

Teresa said...

LOL....Dai's right!