Tuesday, January 8, 2008

School

Today I bought a notebook and a pen. And a messenger's bag and three textbooks. I'm going to school. Trippy!

The class starts in two weeks and I absolutely cannot wait. After my visit to the college bookstore I went to get the oil changed in the Durango, and since I had to wait almost an hour I hauled in my twenty-pound book. (Slight exaggeration, but the puppy is HUGE. See picture below.) Perusing through it made me soooooo excited!!! I cannot wait for this class!


This is one of the other textbooks. The M-word. *shiver - tremble - shiver again*



And I have to say - the "chef's hat" does not look the way I thought it would. My, how things change.


Bring on the butter and the flour and the roux, baby! And let me cook for you!!!

4 comments:

Kat said...

This is all so exciting! I've been throwing around the idea of going back to school for the culinary arts, but I don't know if I can hack it. I can't wait to read your stories.

Anonymous said...

Hello Wendy, I can just picture you in your chef's cap,in Sweet Lissy B's hehehehe. don't forget how to learn how to make tradtional "ENGLISH SCONES" so when we come over we can have a cream tea at that place in wheaton with some dodgy woman I think her name is Daphne. Ok joking aside I hope you enjoy going back to school and don't find it to challenging.

love from Susan

Becky said...

I guess great minds think alike, as I have been looking into the culinary classes that our community college offers. Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Teresa said...

I love the hat!