Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Slacker

So yeah, I've been a pretty huge slacker lately with my blog. But I haven't been slacking in other areas. I don't think I've written about Cardinal Fitness yet. It's a small gym in a strip mall
and they're popping up all over. I joined about three weeks ago and I tooootally dig it!! I go every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning and sometimes one more time during the weekend if I can fit it in. The staff is really friendly and Liss is even starting to really like the kids' room! That's one of the things I love most about this place - the kids' room is wonderful. It rocks to be able to let her play in there while I work out!
I usually warm up on either a bike or a treadmill, then jump onto an elliptical and then I spend about half an hour on the weight machines. I love, love, love it!! It feels beyond incredible to be getting back in shape again! There's one by my mom's house too, so I can go to that one when I'm down there. I can tell it's a popular place cuz when I go at 9:00 in the morning, it's packed. And ya know, I find it very motivating to be working out in a place where there are so many other people doing the same thing. HUGELY motivating. So mama's gettin' buff! : P

In other news: I got a work-from-home transcription job!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!! For months I've been wishing for a part-time job where I could work from home doing something that would bring in somewhat significant income. After testing for two different transcription companies and being offered positions at both, I chose the one I feel best about. And I am sooooo thrilled!! For those of you who aren't sure what transcription is - it's basically listening to audio and typing what you hear. Sounds simple, but it can be complicated. I did medical transcription for three years back when I worked for Dr. Stough in Winfield. The experience definitely helped me score this job. I'll be doing transcription work for DBS (Domenichelli Business Services) about 15 hours a week or so. I looooove to type, so this is truly perfect!!!

And before I go, here are a couple recent pics of my precious one. The first one is her in her new "spring" jammies, and the second one was taken this afternoon. Grandma brought her a little table and we went to Menard's to get a couple little chairs, so now she can color at her own little table. She loves it!! Her newest thing right now is coloring.

We are so happy that spring is here and hope you are too!





1 comment:

d_evans said...

Slacker is right! You're acting like me :)